Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

i had a car accident and the lawyer send me the closing statement with a detail of all the amounts he will pay, but I am not happy that he hasn't negotiated in few bills. Can I negotiated with the EMS (service provider) directly and try to lower the balance before I sign this closing statement

Asked on 8/14/12, 8:32 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Discuss the matter with your attorney. You can certainly attempt to resolve any bills you want. Many providers refuse to negotiate any reductions, so beware of that. They, however, sometimes will be much more yielding to you as the patient.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/12, 8:37 am
David Aronberg Aronberg & Aronberg, Injury Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes you may call the EMS directly but I would keep your attorney in the loop. Let your attorney know that you are doing that and let him/her know if you obtain a reduction. A lot of times, a phone call from the patient will cause a provider to reduce its bill. Feel free to call me should you have any further questions 561-266-9191.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/12, 8:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now