Florida  |  Personal Injury

Cell phone battery exploded in my pocket and left a 2nd degree burn on my thigh. Besides reimbursement for medical & expenses, what would be a fair compensation settlement?

Answered on: 6/25/13, 8:34 am by Steven Meyer

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this incident. Without knowing more facts, such as your age, amount of your medical bills, and medical prognosis for recovery, an attorney cannot estimate what a reasonable settlement might be.

You may want to consult with a lawyer who has experience in this area. In particular, you should look for a lawyer who's board certified in civil trial law, as are the lawyers in our office, as this indicates expertise in handling cases of this type. We offer a free consultation and would be happy to discuss the situation with you.

Law Offices of Steven Meyer 2295 N.W. Corporate Blvd., Suite 117 Boca Raton, FL 33431

Answered on: 6/25/13, 8:36 am by Barry Stein

Value of cases depends on the permanent nature of injury. NO way to tell that from your summary. Have an attorney, who likely will not charge for the consultation, review your case and help you in determining a reasonable settlement value.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131