Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

Can a non custodial parent sue on behalf of a minor dependent without the primary custodial parents consent?

Asked on 2/02/13, 9:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Burns David H. Burns, P. A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, so long as the primary custodial parent does not oppose that arrangement. However, if the primary custodial parent wishes to bring the lawsuit, they would likely have the priority (absent some unusual circumstance). If the primary simply refuses to bring a valid legal claim, then the non-custodial parent could apply to the court to bring the claim on behalf of the minor.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/13, 8:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now