Florida  |  Product Liability

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/29/13, 1:07 pm

I paid a local car stereo company to install backup alarms in both my cars. The charged me $535 but the units did not work at all since I suspect they were not installed correctly. The company offered to install another simpler set of alarms and I agreed. When I asked to be credited for the difference in price between the units, they refused. I found that the second units sold for $42 each on the manufacturers website. They have mentioned "Theft of Services", since I disputed the charge on my credit card to try to get them to be fair with me.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/29/13, 1:27 pm by Angelo Marino

If they filed a bad mark on your credit report, you need to have it corrected or you will have your credit score lowered and likely receive a higher interest rate on almost everything.

Best thing to do is to sue them in small claims court and use your victory to correct your credit report.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Angelo Marino Jr. PA 645 SE 5 Terrace Ft Lauderdale, 33301

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search