Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

I am divorced the house is my name, however the mortgage loan is my name and my ex-husband\'s, how can I get his name removed from everything with have to refinance.\nI had bought my ex-husband out which is documented in the court records and divorce papers.

Asked on 7/31/09, 3:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This should not be necessary. However, your lender should have been advised before you bought him out. He is still responsible on the mortgage to them. Bring your documents to the lender.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/09, 5:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now