Florida  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/04/11, 10:00 am

My friend want to sign the deed to his house to my name. We would like to figure out how to make this legal if I should die the deed goes back to him and if he dies the deed is mine.

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/04/11, 10:38 am by Richard Kaplan

There are lots of ways, i.e., Trust, Life Estate Deed (possibly pour autre vie), Joint Ownership, etc, and probably a combination of of these alternatives. To do this right you need an attorney or you could face bigger problems later. It is not as simple as it may sound.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney address not available

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search