Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

We inherited a house with a mortgage through suntrust bank, started refinance papers, suntrust found another lein from a personal loan dated 2001, it matured june 2006, cant find the person who has lein on house from the personal loan. was told from the probate attorney that because its 5 years past its maturity date there are forms that can be filed with the courts to remove the lein. do you know what they are and the instructions with them?

Asked on 9/11/13, 7:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You would need to file a quiet title action. The notes if it matured in June 2006 is no longer enforceable as the statute of limitations has run. Seek legal guidance with an attorney

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 2:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now