Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

Legal definition of a ''Guest''

I would like the legal definition of a ''guest'' according to Florida Law pertaining to condominiums and hotels. Is the immediate family of the owner considered guests(Wife/Child)? Is it legal for a condo association to require names and addresses of overnight guests?

Peter Gonzalez Sanchez-Medina, Gonzalez, Quesada, Lage, Crespo, Gomez & MachadoLLP

Re: Legal definition of a ''Guest''

I am not a condo lawyer, so I am not qualified to render an opinion on your question. The following is not a legal opinion that you should rely upon in any way.

It appears to me that requiring you to submit the name and address of an overnight guest is ridiculous. I thought that kind of stuff only happens in countries like Cuba or North Korea. Tell the condo association that Nazi-like policies are generally frowned upon by most reasonable people. Good luck.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida