Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

My mom did a quick claim deed to add one of my sisters names. Now she wants to add my neices name to it because she lives in the house. But my sister does not want her name on it. Can my mom add her on to her part of the interest?

Asked on 10/09/11, 6:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is possible, but if you mom does what she could do, she could do far more harm than good. I recommend she seek the help of an attorney to make sure it is done correctly.

Fair advice because I have seen too many errors done by laypersons in this area, and the cost of fixing (if fixable) is high.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/11, 1:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now