Florida  |  Real Estate Law

if i purchased a 2nd home put it in a trust for my children and defaulted on my current loan could they put a lien on my 2nd home in the trust?

Answered on: 7/20/11, 9:17 am by Robert Roemer

It would depend on the type of trust that you have created and whether or not the trust had taken on the personal liabilities from you in the the transfer of the property to the trust.This is a real detailed and fact intensive inquiry to get a direct good legal answer to your question. I would suggest that you retain an attorney to review the situation. If you don't have a local attorney you've worked with I provide legal services in this area in person and have a virtual law firm at www.FloridaLegalServicesOnline.com to work with clients on a fixed fee basis. If you have further questions please review my website and feel free to contact me.

Robert Brian Roemer LLC 11380 Prosperity Farms Rd Suite 204 Palm Beach Gardens, 33410-3474