Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

Real Estate Contract

I have a contract on a house, I was suppose to do the closing on 5/1/07. I know if there's not a closing the contract is valid for an additional 5 days from the date stated. My question is can the seller cx the contract if there is a hold up beause of the bank if after the fifth day?

florence hessen florence f. hessen,esq

Re: Real Estate Contract

Hi:

Generally the language of the contract will provide expressly when the seller can cancel the contract.

However, if you have a truly qualified buyer who wants the house, unless you have another buyer for the home, I do not see why cancel the contract. That being said, if you do have another buyer and try and resell to a hypothetical buyer number 2 the first buyer may tie up the home in litigation.

I would recommend that whoever is represeting your interest get on the telephone with the bank and determine exactly what the hold is all about.

Good Luck

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida