Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

This is a rental ? I have given the required 60 day notice to my LL and plan to move to our new rental in two weeks . I have requested my ll use my security deposit as my last months rent since we had to use all our money to cover 1st and security at the new house . The real estate company is telling me it's against Fl statues to use security as last months rent and we need to pay the rent immediately or vacate the property . Since we are moving already and I don't have the money what can I do since the other unit won;t be ready for two weeks

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The rental company is accurate that the security is not meant to cover rental it is meant to cover damages, if any, to the unit. They can evict you if you dont pay rent. they have to give a 3 day notice and then a 5 day summons. If you dont pay then a final judgment can be entered.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida