Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

I am selling my house and the title company came up with a judgement against my son, who's name was on my house, but, removed with a new deed in April. I'm due for closing in December, what will happen now.

Asked on 11/09/13, 9:28 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The removal of your son from the deed may be looked at as a fraudulent conveyance that can be set aside. Doubt any title company will insure this.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/13, 2:53 pm
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You will likely need to satisfy the judgment in order to have insurable title. Did you son live at the house when his name was on the title? Was it his homestead? Did it ever, even for a day. not be his homestead? There are more questions than answers in this factor pattern. You need an attorney to represent you in the sale.

Read more
Answered on 11/10/13, 7:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now