Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

statue of limitations

Is there a time frame for legal action against a real estate agent, seller and/or inspection company for non-disclosure of past defects/problems with a house? I love my house, however, I am having to constantly sink money into it for roof leaks...there must be a problem with the architecture or engineering of it. It's obvious there was problems with this BEFORE I bought it, as there are signs of repairs done before I started repairing it. I--name removed--afraid I've waited too long...I lived in the home with my ex-husband for 2 years before buying it outright from him after the divorce...been in it a total of 5 years now. The home was built in 1988, if that helps.

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Re: statue of limitations

You have five years from the day you closed on the house to file you lawsuit, and you must prove that the seller was aware of the defects and did not disclose the defects to you before the sale.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida