Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Florida

I am a girl and when I was five years old to the age of nine, a girl sexually abused me. She repeatedly licked me down there and it didn't stop until my family moved. My parents didn't know it was happening and I didn't tell anyone until I was 13. I am 19 years old now, and I am in another state. Am I still able to take action?

Steven Meyer Law Offices of Steven Meyer

You probably can still file an action in the state in which it occurred. Most states have enacted laws that permit a person to file a lawsuit for sexual abuse within a certain time after they turn 18. Each state's laws are different. You would need to speak to a lawyer in the state in which the abuse occurred. Our office has handled cases of this type. We would be happy to speak with you about it, and can probably refer you to a lawyer who specializes in this type of claim in the state in which it occurred.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Florida

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms