Florida  |  Sexual Harassment

I am a girl and when I was five years old to the age of nine, a girl sexually abused me. She repeatedly licked me down there and it didn't stop until my family moved. My parents didn't know it was happening and I didn't tell anyone until I was 13. I am 19 years old now, and I am in another state. Am I still able to take action?

Answered on: 8/28/13, 7:08 pm by Steven Meyer

You probably can still file an action in the state in which it occurred. Most states have enacted laws that permit a person to file a lawsuit for sexual abuse within a certain time after they turn 18. Each state's laws are different. You would need to speak to a lawyer in the state in which the abuse occurred. Our office has handled cases of this type. We would be happy to speak with you about it, and can probably refer you to a lawyer who specializes in this type of claim in the state in which it occurred.

Law Offices of Steven Meyer 2295 N.W. Corporate Blvd., Suite 117 Boca Raton, FL 33431