Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

Thank you for all of the answers to my questions regarding the 1/4 share of a condo that I will be receiving as a beneficiary to my grandfather's estate. It is a difficult issue as this part of my family have never met me other than when I was christened as a baby. My father had passed away a few years ago and without a will in place by my grandfather, my father's inheritance share transferred down to me. Just trying to resolve my involvement in a fair and easy fashion. I have yet to receive any information regarding the condo (located in Flager Beach, Florida?) My uncle is a lawyer, practicing in New York so it is frustrating that he is approaching things the way he is. I better understand out of pocket expenses issues now and do not feel as threatened. I do plan on offering to sell my share but at a price that is fair based on value (appears to be no liens or loans against property). Even ok with dropping price $5,000 to address the out of pocket expenses. If cannot resolve this way, considering partition action. Only question right now is since I reside in Pennsylvania, do I need a florida attorney to move forward? Again, thank you very much for all of the answers provided.

Asked on 5/24/13, 6:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Get a local attorney who knows probate and real estate. You cannot file partition action until you actually own your share not just the share of the Estate. Good Luck.

Read more
5/24/13, 7:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88283 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now