Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

Thank you for all of the answers to my questions regarding the 1/4 share of a condo that I will be receiving as a beneficiary to my grandfather's estate. It is a difficult issue as this part of my family have never met me other than when I was christened as a baby. My father had passed away a few years ago and without a will in place by my grandfather, my father's inheritance share transferred down to me. Just trying to resolve my involvement in a fair and easy fashion. I have yet to receive any information regarding the condo (located in Flager Beach, Florida?) My uncle is a lawyer, practicing in New York so it is frustrating that he is approaching things the way he is. I better understand out of pocket expenses issues now and do not feel as threatened. I do plan on offering to sell my share but at a price that is fair based on value (appears to be no liens or loans against property). Even ok with dropping price $5,000 to address the out of pocket expenses. If cannot resolve this way, considering partition action. Only question right now is since I reside in Pennsylvania, do I need a florida attorney to move forward? Again, thank you very much for all of the answers provided.

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Get a local attorney who knows probate and real estate. You cannot file partition action until you actually own your share not just the share of the Estate. Good Luck.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida