Florida  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/13/13, 4:26 am

April 5th,2012,dr's determined my mother incapable of handling her affairs & Durable POA kicked in for my sister. On 4/05/12 sis went to mom's bank & rec'd acct. info on mom's 11 accts. There were 7 accts. w/POD's/ beneficiaries & 4 ck.& sv. accts. Sis took a $10k acct I was sole beneficiary on, transferred entire bal. to mom's ck.acct, then closed acct. I was beneficiary on. Mom passed away 5 days later. Sis, then executor of estate,paid $4800 to funeral hm, & for bills,etc. from mom's regular ck.acct. There was nothing to show I was beneficiary of any acct...I rec'd nothing. The Dur.POA stated nothing about changing/ deleting a benefciary. The bank's legal dept. went over entire POA. Applying Florida banking procedures (Fl. acct. terms & conditions apply) changing and/or deleting a beneficiary is clearly not a transactionhat a Durable Family POA is authorized to do. (in this instance, the DFPOA DID NOT state this action would be allowed). I want to sue my sis, where do I start? Is it possible I can sue the bank also?

allowed her to do this!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search