Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

How do I change a home left in a living estate so that I can sell it in the state of Florida?

Asked on 3/19/10, 12:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Labovitz Labovitz Law Firm, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The wording of your question makes it difficult to understand. If you mean that you own your home in a living trust and you want to sell it, then you, or whoever else is serving as trustee, simply signs all the closing documents as trustee at the closing. If you mean that someone died and left a home titled in their living trust at their death, then the successor trustee appointed under the trust will have the power to sell the home and distribute the proceeds in accordance with the terms of the deceased person's trust.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/10, 12:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now