Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

claim to house with no will

i have been living with my mother for many years when she died she left no will do i have any legal claim to the house and property

Asked on 12/31/08, 10:19 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: claim to house with no will

as her son you do.

Read more
Answered on 12/31/08, 2:03 pm
Frank J. Pyle Probate Attorney Throughout Florida
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: claim to house with no will

Her house passes intestate (without a will) to her spouse (if any) and her children (or the children of any deceased children). Living with her for many years does not give you any extra claim over the other heirs.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/09, 4:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now