Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

family friend passed away in NC, he lived there with his mom. Friend has a daughter who lives in Tennessee. Friends will gives her a parcel of property in Florida. Question, would the daughter or the mother be the owner of the parcel in Florida

Asked on 2/05/13, 10:51 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

So who are the friends giving the property to?

Read more
Answered on 2/05/13, 10:59 am
Ronald Jones Ronald A. Jones, PA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Assuming the will is valid in Florida, it should pass to daughter. But she's probably going to need to bring a probate and get a judge to sign off on it.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/13, 11:10 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

NC law applies to home in NC. Who are the friends who are giving the parcel to the land in Florida? If the daughter in Tenn dies with non homestead property in Florida and she has no will, then her property goes to her heirs under Florida law. If the daughter owns the property not sure why there is a question about why the mom would even have an interest in it. Perhaps you want to clarify your question.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/13, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now