Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

When my father passed away, he willed his condo which is paid for to myself and two brothers. It has been nearly three years and we haven't transfer ownership to any of us. How do we go about doing this, and what would be the most economical way of processing this transfer and what costs would we incur? My mother is still alive and was married to my father, but was not in the will or on the property.

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

His will must go to Court Probate, a PR appointed and a new deed prepared and filed. Florida law requires an attorney to process these matters. You may pay an hourly fee or a % of the estate. Good luck.

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

If the property was homestead, Mom has a legal interest in it and can make that claim. Was the will probated? Sounds like you need to hire an attorney to progress the process. Be prepared to pay for that process and be prepared for the interest that mom has in the property.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida