Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

What can I do if I am not interested in owning a 1/4 share of a condo I am to inherit. Condo was established as a homestead by Florida Courts; however, no one is living in home. Would like to sell my share. I do not reside in Florida, I reside in PA...would I need a Florida Lawyer to assist me? Thank you.

Asked on 5/23/13, 10:37 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Who do you want to sell to? I doubt a stranger will buy a 1/4 interest.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 11:09 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can turn down your inheritance and the property would go to the other heirs. You can technically sell your interest, but not likely going to garner much interest as Mr. Slater points out. Most likely people to purchase your interest are the other three heirs.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 11:16 am
Marc J. Soss Marc J. Soss, Esquire
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should inquire whether the other 1/4 interest owners want to buy out your share. If not, you can always file a partition action and force the sale of the property. You would then receive your share of the proceeds.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 6:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now