Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I jointly inherited my late mothers property with my 2 brothers about 2 years ago. Last year we had an offer on the property I wanted to take but they didn't feel it was a fair offer and refused to sell. Since then the property has lost even more value thanks to the economy and mortgage crisis. How do I get out of this situation if they refuse to sell?

Asked on 10/26/09, 1:52 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Just because the three of you cannot decide on a sales price does not mean the property will never be sold. You can bring an action to partition the property and force it's sale. Speak to a real estate attorney in the area the property is located.

Read more
Answered on 10/31/09, 3:07 pm
Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You could partition the property. Since you are family, it would be a good idea to sit down and try to talk it out first. Regards,

Read more
Answered on 11/01/09, 10:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now