Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I jointly inherited my late mothers property with my 2 brothers about 2 years ago. Last year we had an offer on the property I wanted to take but they didn't feel it was a fair offer and refused to sell. Since then the property has lost even more value thanks to the economy and mortgage crisis. How do I get out of this situation if they refuse to sell?

Asked on 10/26/09, 1:52 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Just because the three of you cannot decide on a sales price does not mean the property will never be sold. You can bring an action to partition the property and force it's sale. Speak to a real estate attorney in the area the property is located.

Read more
Answered on 10/31/09, 3:07 pm
Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You could partition the property. Since you are family, it would be a good idea to sit down and try to talk it out first. Regards,

Read more
Answered on 11/01/09, 10:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now