Florida  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/22/13, 7:13 pm

Was notified by my uncle in November 2012 that I was named a beneficiary of my grandfather's estate. Grandfather passed away two years ago with no will. Uncle petitioned and was appointed personal representative by Florida Probate Court. My inheritance included a quarter share of a florida condo. Received court order from Florida Probate Court directing the distribution of the estate. Also just received letter demanding I pay $5,000 for out of pocket expenses my uncle incurred maintaining the condo over the past two years. Am I personally responsible for reimbursing my uncle or should that have been presented through the courts as out of pocket expenses to be paid by the estate? No monetary amount involved in estate, only property. Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search