Georgia  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/22/03, 1:23 am

Auto dealer - forged lease document

I recently terminated a 3 year car lease - the proper way, with all payments made on time, excess wear items fixed, etc. Upon turning it in, I was made aware of excess mileage charges that were owed. The auto manufacturer, Nissan, has a contract stating 12000 miles allowed per year. My contract states 15000 miles per year. The dealer's copy of the contract states 15000 miles. Nissan sent me a copy of the original TOP copy sent to them by the dealer. 15000 miles had been struck through and changed to 12000. Here's the bad part - my initials next to the change on the document are not mine. Whoever signed my initials made a big mistake - they signed my initials WRONG (in 2 places). Nissan says the dealer has to remedy this, and the dealer wants me to buy another vehicle so they can ABSORB the $1000 that I will owe. I need help. How should i proceed with this? There are no strike throughs on my copy or the dealer's. My initials are clearly forged.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search