Georgia  |  Bankruptcy

Is childsupport included

I am about $20,000 in debt. An I am concidering filen bankruptcy in the N/E GA. aria.Would my childsupport debt be included in that?

Answered on: 3/17/03, 11:16 am by Lee Morgan

Re: Is childsupport included

Generally child support cannot be discharged in bankruptcy. Back child support can be paid as part of a Chapter 13 repayment plan. I recommend that you have an experienced bankruptcy attorney review your financial situation and advise you as to whether Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 would be appropriate. We do a free initial consultation.

DISCLAIMER: It is not possible to give specific legal advice based on the limited information in your query. Information in our response should be considered general information only and NOT advice specific to your situation. Furthermore, no attorney client relationship is intended to be created by this correspondence. You are not a client of Morgan & Morgan Attorneys at Law, P.C. unless and until we specifically agree to represent you and the appropriate fee contract has been signed.

You should not rely on this information alone in deciding your course of action. We recommend that you speak to an attorney of your choice and seek specific advice and representation.

Morgan & Morgan Attorneys at Law, P.C is licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia only. The general information contained in our response is based on Georgia law. If you or another party to your dispute resides in another state, the information provided may not be applicable.

Lee Morgan

800-924-7438

Morgan & Morgan 1551 Jennings Mill Road, Resource Valley 1100B, P.O. Box 48359 Athens, GA 30604