Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

A Companys Violation of it's own Privacy Policy

I have been dealing with a company for about a year now. They have a stated privacy policy, paragraph four (4) of which states:''All communications with our company, both off-line and on-line, are held in absolute confidence''. I recently had reason to ask them to investigate what I thought was wrong-doing by one of their offices, and I asked that they not give out my identity, or the persons identity who gave me the information. They informed the office in question of both of our identities. My question is: can a company violate it's own privacy policy with impunity, and if not, what legal recourse is open to the people whose privacy was violated?

Answered on: 4/10/04, 6:31 pm by Charles W. Field

Re: A Companys Violation of it's own Privacy Policy

It certainly seems that your rights have been violated. I notice that you are in FL but your case seems to be in GA. You should contact a GA attorney to discuss you situation. If the case is in the metro Atlanta area, please feel free to contact me.

Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law 911 Duluth Hwy., Ste. D-3211 Lawrenceville (north Atlanta), GA 30043

Answered on: 4/10/04, 12:55 am by Allen Broughton

Yes, I think you should sue this horrible company. What an egregious act. Please contact me and we'll try to put a stop to such horrible behavior. And once we are done we will become a poster child for tort reform.

Allen L. Broughton, P.C. 305 West Wieuca Road Atlanta, GA 30342