Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My daughter had a child with her boyfriend. Since that time , he has not been in the picture and she does not want him in the baby's life. That was over 2 years ago. Recently, he has re-appeared and is calling her wanting to see the baby. Does he have any rights?

Asked on 10/18/10, 8:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Short answer, NO!!

You might want to think about getting the Superior Court (Barrow or Gwinnett, depending on the part of Auburn in which you live) to issue a TRO to keep him away if it get out of hand.

You can call my office next Thursday or Friday to discuss this matter [(770) 985-6773]

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/23/10, 8:54 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Ralph's answer is overkill unless he is a danger to you or the child. You will not get a TRO unless that is the case.

However, unless he legitimates the child, you CAN ignore him. He has no rights until he does.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/10, 9:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now