Georgia  |  Family Law

My daughter had a child with her boyfriend. Since that time , he has not been in the picture and she does not want him in the baby's life. That was over 2 years ago. Recently, he has re-appeared and is calling her wanting to see the baby. Does he have any rights?

Answered on: 10/23/10, 8:54 am by Ralph Villani

Short answer, NO!!

You might want to think about getting the Superior Court (Barrow or Gwinnett, depending on the part of Auburn in which you live) to issue a TRO to keep him away if it get out of hand.

You can call my office next Thursday or Friday to discuss this matter [(770) 985-6773]

Good luck

VILLANI& ASSOCIATES, P.C. 821 DAWSONVILLE HWY, SUITE 250-333 Gainesville, GA 30501-2634

Answered on: 10/23/10, 9:12 am by Glen Ashman

Ralph's answer is overkill unless he is a danger to you or the child. You will not get a TRO unless that is the case.

However, unless he legitimates the child, you CAN ignore him. He has no rights until he does.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344