Georgia  |  Medical Malpractice

Malpractice or Negligence?

My dad died from atherosclerotic coronary disease in january. He was only 48. Yet all the time i knew him he never once said he had that. Also, when i went to his doctor to talk to him about my dad's death, he said that he was fine. That all his tests had come back normal. My father went to the doctor regularly and not once was told about his heart even though i know he had to have told the doctor that he had chest pain numerous times. Can someone please help?

Answered on: 3/11/09, 9:25 pm by Scott Riddle

Re: Malpractice or Negligence?

You can possibly find answers, but not on a message board like this. Start with a qualified lawyer who knows what to look into. You'll need medical records, expert opinions, and actual evidence of malpractice - not mere speculation because of the result. Many conditions are difficult to detect. Unfortunately, young people pass away every day even if they appeared to be in perfect health the day before. It is usually not because of malpractice.

Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC Suite 1530 Tower Place, 3340 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30326

Answered on: 3/11/09, 9:28 pm by Scott Riddle

Re: Malpractice or Negligence?

Without trying to pass this off as medical fact, google reveals the following: "According to United States data for the year 2004, for about 65% of men and 47% of women, the first symptom of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease is heart attack or sudden cardiac death (death within one hour of onset of the symptom)."

Answered on: 3/12/09, 12:12 pm by Robert Windholz

Re: Malpractice or Negligence?

Contact an attorney near you who handles cases involving medical negligence. You'll have to get, at least, the last five years of medical records from anyone who treated your dad; the records from the illness where he died; the death certificate. If someone is willing to have a cardiologist review these records you'll get your answer

Robert S. Windholz, Attorney At Law 8565 Dunwoody Place Building 15 Atlanta, GA 30350