Georgia  |  Medical Malpractice

is this neglect

my wife recently had surgery to remove a cyst form near her right left ovary. she was admitted on a tuesday and release on wednesday. thursday while heme she could barely move. she said that her incision and groin area was on fire. i thought it was probaly because it was the area where they shaved her. she told the doctor about her problem the following monday and he told her it was part of the healing process, so all he did was prescribe her more pain pills and removed her staples. during that week the pain was intense from the buring in her groin area and her incision. she call the doctors office 3 or 4 times during the week and all what was said was it was part of the healing process. the following saturday i had to rush my wife to the emergency room with a 103% and severe pain. she was admitted and had her incision reopened she was bleeding inside her temp stayed above 100% during the next week while being admitted to the hospital. the infectious disease dr. told her she had e.coli. is this neglect from the dr. my wife had to go home with a wound vac attached to her wound. she has to have aother surgery to close her wound. my wife is now suffering physically and mentally from this supposely simply procedure.

Answered on: 9/18/00, 12:01 pm by Glenn Loewenthal

Re: is this neglect

You may have a possible case of negligence. I will be glad to have the records reviewed. Please feel free to call me for an appointment.

Glenn Loewenthal, P.C. 2300 Windy Ridge Parkway, Suite 205 Atlanta, GA 30339

Answered on: 9/18/00, 12:35 pm by Alex Simanovsky

Re: is this neglect

Sir,

In order to determine whether your wife has a medical malpractice claim, the records of the treating physician will have to be reviewed by an expert in that field. We have an medical expert in-house that would be willing to do a preliminary evaluation at no cost. If you wish, please call my office to discuss this matter further.

Alex Simanovsky & Associates, LLC 2300 Henderson Mill Road, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30345