Georgia  |  Bankruptcy

Question about Filing Bancruptcy

My husband was laid off 12/15/2001. As of this date he is still unemployeed. I am currently looking for work. He made $60,000 a year. I currently qualify for positions paying $28,000. We want to keep our home and our car, but we need to file chapter 7 for our credit card debts because once I do find something I would never be able to support a family of 4 and pay back our outstanding credit card debt. We have no equity in our home. We have nothing valued up to $5000. Can you tell us would we qualify for bancruptcy?

Answered on: 1/27/03, 4:29 pm by Lee Morgan

Re: Question about Filing Bancruptcy

You qualify to file Chapter 7 if you have not filed in the past 6 years. Of course, your entire financial condition should be carefully reviewed by a bankruptcy professional before a final decision is made.

Morgan and Morgan provides a free initial consultation for individuals in North and Northeast Georgia. Call 800-924-7438 for an appt.

Morgan & Morgan 1551 Jennings Mill Road, Resource Valley 1100B, P.O. Box 48359 Athens, GA 30604