Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

I reside in Dekalb County Georgia and would like to obtain my personal cell text message records from my wireless carrier (verizon). However, I was informed by Veirzon that I would need a court order in order to obtain my personal text message records. Is this a costly to obtain? And is this something that I can do on my own?

Answered on: 5/22/10, 6:42 am by Glen Ashman

Unless you can talk them into it, you'd have to sue them to get them, and show a good legal reason for the suit, and convince a judge. Yes that could be very costly, and, by the time you completed the suit, the records might not exist.

A more effective aproach would be to talk to management there and let them know you were firing them as your company and changing carriers unless they helped you. They can, if they wish, give you YOUR records. They won't, absent a court order, give you anyone else's even if they share your account.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Answered on: 5/22/10, 7:12 am by Charles W. Field

If there is a pending case of any kind, you can get a subpoena from the clerk's office. The cost may be as much as five bucks.

Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law 911 Duluth Hwy., Ste. D-3211 Lawrenceville (north Atlanta), GA 30043