Georgia  |  Personal Injury

I had a slip and fall 2 1/2 months ago in a restaurant. I have been seeing my doctor regularly for the shoulder injury. the MRI results show a torn labrum. I will need surgery. how soon is it to contact a lawyer?

Answered on: 4/12/12, 11:02 am by David Glass

Slip and falls in Georgia are not black and white cases. I defended the insurance companies regarding slip and falls and the case law is on the side of the property owner. I would not discuss your case with any insurance company and contact an attorney immediately to get an opinion on the facts of your case. Feel free to contact my office for a free consultation. My office number is 404.529.9081.

Best,

David H. Glass, Esq.

Law Offices of David H. Glass, LLC P.O. Box 17970 Atlanta, GA 30316

Answered on: 4/12/12, 11:06 am by Brandon Hornsby

You should call immediately. You will want your lawyer to evaluate your case for free, take steps to preserve evidence, and interview witnesses. Visit our website at www.hornsbylaw.com call us with any questions at (404) 577-1505. Anyone on this list can help.

Hornsby Law Group 1180 W Peachtree St NW #2220 Atlanta, GA 30309

Answered on: 4/12/12, 11:18 am by David Burns

Slip & fall cases are difficult cases. The sooner you contact a lawyer the better. Be aware that there is a two-year time limit for filing a lawsuit in Georgia on a slip & fall case.

David H. Burns, P. A. 122 South Calhoun Street Tallahassee, FL 32301-1518

Answered on: 4/12/12, 11:24 am by Ronald Arthur Lowry

Contact an expert personal injury attorney experienced with premises liability cases NOW! Do not wait any longer. Conversations directly between you and the insurer should cease at once to avoid damaging your case which, unfortunately, may already have happened. If you do not know whom to contact call me and I will refer you to the best attorney for that type of case in your area at no cost to you.

Ronald Arthur Lowry P.O.Box 3005 Marietta, GA 30061

Answered on: 4/12/12, 11:31 am by Clark McGehee

The responses you have received are correct--you need to retain an attorney as soon as possible to protect your right to pursue a claim. Liability is always an issue in a slip and fall case. You need to obtain an attorney to be sure that all of the relevent evidence is preserved. Be sure to request that ALL SURVEILLANCE VIDEO be preserved. Also request that the incident report, photographs and witness statements be preserved. Visit our website at www.johnsonward.com or call us with any questions at 404-524-5626.

Johnson & Ward 100 Peachtree St., Suite 2100 Atlanta, GA 30303-1912

Answered on: 4/12/12, 11:33 am by Quinn Johnson, Esq.

At this point, you should immediately contact an attorney to begin handling your claim to receive fair compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering - at no upfront cost to you. I will need additional information to fully assess your case. However, do not post the specifics on this public website.

Please call my office today for a free consultation and information. (404.496.4119)

Good luck.

S. Quinn Johnson, Esq.

Johnson PC

3348 Peachtree RD NE, STE 700

Atlanta GA 30326

Johnson PC, Attorneys at Law 1111 Lincoln RD, 4th FL Miami, FL 33139

Answered on: 4/12/12, 5:18 pm by Glen Ashman

Slip and fall cases are difficult and far from cut and dried. You should have retained counsel two and a half months ago. Hopefully you have not impaired your case by speaking to the insurer.

Feel free to call my office for a free case evaluation. 404-768-3509.

Note that there is a 2 year limitation on being able to sue, so delay is harmful.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344