Georgia  |  Bankruptcy

Transunion lists me as bankrupt, I never filed bankruptcy.

Transunion lists me as bankrupt and I have never filed bankruptcy, Equifax and Experian do not list me as bankrupt and I have called and written Transunion, they will not change my credit history even though I have asked them to check the courthouse records to show them that I have never filed bankruptcy.

Answered on: 7/30/02, 1:49 pm by Lee Morgan

Re: Transunion lists me as bankrupt, I never filed bankruptcy.

I recommend that you send them a certified letter demanding an explanation and correction. If they fail to respond and correct any errors, you may have a claim under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, especially if you have suffered any economic damages, such as loss of job, etc.

DISCLAIMER: It is not possible to give specific legal advice based on the limited information in your query. Information in our response should be considered general information only and NOT advice specific to your situation. Furthermore, no attorney client relationship is intended to be created by this correspondence. You are not a client of Morgan & Morgan Attorneys at Law, P.C. unless and until we specifically agree to represent you and the appropriate fee contract has been signed.

You should not rely on this information alone in deciding your course of action. We recommend that you speak to an attorney of your choice and seek specific advice and representation.

Morgan & Morgan Attorneys at Law, P.C is licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia only. The general information contained in our response is based on Georgia law. If you or another party to your dispute resides in another state, the information provided may not be applicable.

Morgan & Morgan 1551 Jennings Mill Road, Resource Valley 1100B, P.O. Box 48359 Athens, GA 30604