Legal Question in Administrative Law in Georgia

I placed a 911 call during the birth of my son and I wanted to get a copy of the call because it is part of his story. I was told that I needed a court order because it is a medical call. Can I get a court order without a lawsuit? If so, how do I go about that? I just want the recording.

Asked on 10/11/13, 12:16 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You might try an Open Records request.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/13, 5:07 pm
Ronald Arthur Lowry Ronald Arthur Lowry
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It's supposed to be a public record. Write a letter to your county government requesting the 911 recording giving the exact time the call was made. Reference the Georgia Open Records Act. Send the letter certified mail and be sure to keep a photocopy for your records.They are supposed to give this information to you. They may charge you for it, however.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/13, 5:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Administrative Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now