Legal Question in Administrative Law in Georgia

A company i officially resigned from continues to pay me for 8 months erroneously. Do they have legal grounds to recoop that money?

Asked on 3/08/12, 5:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Of course they do. By continuing to take the money, you were stealing it. There are consequences for that (perhaps well beyond the money).

Read more
Answered on 3/08/12, 5:23 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Of course.

(Your post has nothing to do with administrative law).

And since you are aware of the error and did nothing, you are a thief, and besides risking a lawsuit, there is some chance you will go to prison for not coming forward sooner and returning what wasn't yours.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/12, 5:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Administrative Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now