Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Georgia

exclusion of certain creditors

can i remain paying on my automobile by not listing it as a creditor so i can keep my car for work and if so should i contact the lein holder ? I want to file a Chapter 7 in the state of georgia

Deric Beaudoin Mabry & McClelland, LLP

Re: exclusion of certain creditors

yes you may keep your car if you file chapter 7. what you need to do is called reaffirmation of debt. when you prepare your paperwork, there is a portion of the bankruptcy petition where you may schedule your secured debts and state you intention. your intention in this case would be to reaffirm your debt to the lienholder of your car. by doing this they will be notified of your intention because you will have to notify them of your bankruptcy anyway (as you do all your creditors). if you are behind in any payments this may complicate things but is still possible to do. if you have more questions please call me, i'd be happy to help. 404-728-8027.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Georgia

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms