Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

Abandoned business partner

I had a partner who worked 6 days, never was available to sign any papers. She did put 4000.00 in compared to my 16,000.00. She abandoned the shop, saying nothing, nor hearing from her for 8 months. She now wants her money. What does the law in Georgia say I need to do.?

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Re: Abandoned business partner

The answer depends on many factors - the type of company, company agreements and other facts. Generally, hours worked do not necessarily entitled you to compensation form the other partner. You will need to meet with a local business attorney and discuss the whole situation and review all relevant documentation.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. My contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia

Business Law Legal Forms