Georgia  |  Business Law

Is it legal for my manager to have me come in at my scheduled time and then force me to not clock in, but wait because we are not busy?

Answered on: 8/30/13, 12:29 pm by Glen Ashman

No. You can report that to the state department of labor. In the meantime, find a job at a more reputable company.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Answered on: 9/04/13, 1:25 pm by Robert Gardner

Mr. Ashman is correct. If you are there at the manager's direction, you need to be getting paid. However, I often see this is small business situations, and people end up putting up with it because they need the job. If you can find some other job, and can document each time this happens, take the other job and seek redress after you leave for the time you worked but were not paid.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680