Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Georgia

A business next door to my business keeps calling the county and other entities make false claims against my business. Can I sue her for harassment?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Sure - anyone can sue for anything. Whether you have valid claims, and whether it is worth the significant expense are other questions. For the legal claims (perhaps tortious interference, slander, etc.), you will have to go through all the "false claims" and provide evidence they are false. You'll need to show not just that they turned out to be baseless, but that she did not have a valid basis for making the complaint. You'll need all the documentation and inspectors as witnesses. This is easily a five-figure legal expense probably before you ever get to the courtroom. I'd suggest paying for a couple hours of time for a lawyer in your area, with a demand that she stop or face a lawsuit, is the first step and might work. Otherwise, like homeowners, many things can be settled by walking next door and having a conversation.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Georgia

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms