Legal Question in Technology Law in Georgia

My soon to be ex husband hacked in to my H&R block online account, gained access to my previous tax returns & paid to have access to my old returns prior to our marriage. Is this legal? Aside from contacting the online tax service, should I take any further action?

Asked on 3/20/13, 8:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

That is a serious crime and you can, if you wish, make a police report and have him prosecuted for felony missuse of a password. He can face an enormous fine and many years in prison under the state statute. He may also have violated federal law as well.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 10:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Computer & Technology Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now