Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Georgia

can I file a defamation of character suit against a hospital for saying they treated me for drug/achol abuse when they did no test? i'm on probation it could get me in trouble

Asked on 3/03/13, 8:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Anyone can sue for anything, but you don't tell us (and we don't know) whether the hospital was truthful and whether or not you had been taking drugs or alcohol. Filing a lawsuit won't make it less likely your probation officer will find out and dig deeper.

Read more
3/04/13, 5:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8661 active attorneys ready to answer your legal qustions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessHuntington Beach, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now