Legal Question in Consumer Law in Georgia

I joined a gym and signed a contract for a year(2011-2012). I have compleated my year and stopped going to it(2012). the payments were automatically withdrawn from my account. I thought that I cancelled my membership but I didn't so money keep withdrawing from the account until my card expired(20130 now they are telling me that I need to pay or they will report me to credict and collection business. I called and told them that I wanted to cancel my membership and they told me I can't because I'm still under contract so, I told them my contract should have ended 2012 and they said that my contract was extended(without my consent) and will not expired until august 2013. Contract never mentioned anything about extension of membership. Are they allowed to do that?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Most such contracts have automatic renewal language. Without reading your contract there is no way to answer you.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Georgia

Consumer Law Legal Forms