Legal Question in Consumer Law in Georgia

I purchased a 1997 vehicle on 3/15/13 from a used car dealer. Paid in full with check that has cleared. To date I have not received the title, nor has the title transfer been made available to the DMV- in 4 days the second (and final) temporary tag will expire, & the dealer has still not been forthcoming. What recourse do I have?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You can file a complaint against the car dealer by contacting the Governorís Office of Consumer Protection at 404-651-8600 or 1-800-869-1123 (toll-free in Georgia, outside of the metro Atlanta calling area) or by visiting www.consumer.ga.gov. Also contact the Georgia DMV.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Also, be sure to tell the dealer that you are contacting the Georgia Used Car Board to ask that the dealer be fined up to $500 for not getting title and tags done within 30 days as mandated by law (and start the complaint TODAY): http://sos.georgia.gov/plb/usedcar/complaint.htm .

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Georgia

Consumer Law Legal Forms