Legal Question in Consumer Law in Georgia

Under warranty, my car has the repetitive problems

I got a 2001 BMW X5 in 01/2002. 2 days after purchase, it broke down. It was fixed at a dealer under warranty. Then, I've beem having problems with automatic AC control. I took it in and they supposedly fixed it. I still have the same problem and I took it in today for the second time on the same problem. Is that covered under Lemon Law? The vehicle is still under factory warranty.

Keith Reisman Reisman Law

Re: Under warranty, my car has the repetitive problems

Georgia’s Motor Vehicle Warranty Rights Act (known as the Georgia Lemon Law) applies only to new vehicles (or demonstrators sold for the first time to a consumer). If your BMW was purchased by you new, you have rights under the Act that set the number of times that a dealership has to attempt a repair and the number of days that the vehicle is out of service before a replacement vehicle must be offered.

This answer, though responsive to the question is general in nature. It is not designed to be and should not be relied on as your sole source of information when analyzing and resolving a specific legal issue. Each fact situation is different; the laws are constantly changing. If you have specific questions regarding a particular fact situation, I urge you to consult with competent legal counsel.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Georgia

Consumer Law Legal Forms