Georgia  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/26/13, 10:30 am

My daughter has paid over $8,000 to her fiancÚ to keep him out of jail. He was behind in child support and had creditors calling everyday. She wants to call off the engagement but wants her hard,earned money back. She did have him sign a paper that states what he owes and promises to pay her back. Will that hold up in a court of law? She lives in GA and he moved back to NJ recently for work.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search