Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Georgia

I hlped someone to finance a car. They got behind on payments and wont give the car back. The dealer has all the information, I cancelled the insurance and registration and done what I could to help the dealer. He calls all the time, threatening me, lied about putting a warrant out on me, which the police said he cant do. The last time I went ot the office he wouldnt let me leave unless I gave him my license and debit card. He never returned my debit card and I had to get a new one.What can I do?

Asked on 9/11/13, 5:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You don't tell us the most important facts. What does it mean to "help" someone buy a car? That could mean a hundred different things. Second, what are the terms of any contracts you signed?

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 6:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now