Reposessions in Georgia
My sister had her car reposessed by the creditor. A man from the repo company knocked on her door and informed her that she could get her things out of the car. She informed him to take the car off the wrecker, but he refused to do so.
1. Does the wrecker have the right to take the car even if she told him to take it off the wrecker?
2. Does the repo company have to notify the police even if she knew the repo company had taken the car.
3. Would that be considered breech of peace if other neighbors was awaken by him knocking on the door of her apartment.
1 Answer from Attorneys
Re: Reposessions in Georgia
Based upon the limited facts of your question, my answers are:
1. Yes, assuming the car was being repossessed.
2. No, but I'm not sure I understand the question.
3. No, unless he was knocking with a sledgehammer or something like that.
Glenn M. Lyon, Esq
MacGregor Lyon, LLC
1230 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta Georgia 30309
This message is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer. It is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.
Related Questions & Answers
Collecting on a joint account. Can a company serve only 1 person in order to collect... Asked 9/15/04, 8:17 am in United States Georgia Credit, Debt and Collections Law
Trying to pay bills and they file against me in court I owe three company's money. I... Asked 9/04/04, 2:46 pm in United States Georgia Credit, Debt and Collections Law
Giving property I have to son I have a judgement against me. I have two different... Asked 8/22/04, 8:11 pm in United States Georgia Credit, Debt and Collections Law
False credit reporting Is it legal for a lender to falsely report to a credit... Asked 8/21/04, 4:50 pm in United States Georgia Credit, Debt and Collections Law
Statue of limitations My credit card debt was incurred in Florida. I now live is GA.... Asked 8/14/04, 10:32 am in United States Georgia Credit, Debt and Collections Law